A device that will help you know the necessities to board a flight to the USA.
Earlier than You Depart the USA
Be sure you are updated along with your COVID-19 vaccines earlier than you journey internationally. Getting vaccinated continues to be the easiest way to guard your self from extreme illness and gradual the unfold of COVID-19. People who find themselves not updated with their COVID-19 vaccines ought to comply with further suggestions after journey.
Make sure that to plan forward:
- Examine the present COVID-19 scenario at your vacation spot.
- Observe all necessities of transportation operators (corresponding to airways, cruise traces, buses) in addition to any necessities at your vacation spot, whether or not touring by air, land, or sea, together with masks sporting, proof of vaccination, testing, or quarantine. Necessities might differ from U.S. necessities. If you don’t comply with your vacation spot’s necessities, you could be denied entry and required to return to the USA.
- If in case you have a medical situation or are taking treatment that weakens your immune system, you would possibly NOT be totally protected even if you’re updated along with your COVID-19 vaccines. Speak to your healthcare supplier about your threat earlier than journey and think about delaying journey to areas with excessive COVID-19 ranges. Even after vaccination, you could have to proceed taking all precautions.
- Contemplate getting examined for present an infection with a viral take a look at as near the time of departure as doable (not more than 3 days) earlier than journey.
Do NOT journey if…
- You’ve gotten COVID-19 signs, even for those who recovered from COVID-19 throughout the previous 90 days or are updated along with your COVID-19 vaccines.
- You examined constructive for COVID-19.
- Don’t journey till a full 10 days after your signs began or the date your constructive take a look at was taken for those who had no signs.
- You’re ready for outcomes of a COVID-19 take a look at.
- In case your take a look at comes again constructive while you’re at your vacation spot, you will want to isolate and postpone your return till it’s protected so that you can journey. Your journey companions might have to quarantine.
- You had shut contact with an individual with COVID-19 and are really helpful to quarantine.
- Don’t journey till a full 5 days after your final shut contact with the individual with COVID-19. It’s best to keep away from journey for a full 10 days after your final publicity.
- In the event you should journey throughout days 6 by way of 10 after your final publicity:
- Get examined at the least 5 days after your final shut contact. Make sure that your take a look at result’s unfavourable and also you stay with out signs earlier than touring. In the event you don’t get examined, keep away from journey till a full 10 days after your final shut contact with an individual with COVID-19.
- Correctly put on a well-fitting masks if you find yourself round others for your entire length of journey throughout days 6 by way of 10. If you’re unable to put on a masks, you shouldn’t journey throughout days 6 by way of 10.
In the event you had shut contact with an individual with COVID-19 however are NOT really helpful to quarantine…
- Get examined at the least 5 days after your final shut contact. Make sure that your take a look at result’s unfavourable and also you stay with out signs earlier than touring.
- In the event you had confirmed COVID-19 throughout the previous 90 days, you do NOT have to get examined, however it is best to nonetheless comply with all different suggestions (together with getting examined for those who develop COVID-19 signs).
- In the event you journey in the course of the 10 days after your final publicity, correctly put on a well-fitting masks if you find yourself round others for your entire length of journey in the course of the 10 days. If you’re unable to put on a masks, you shouldn’t journey in the course of the 10 days.
Shield Your self and Others
- Everybody aged 2 years or older—together with passengers and employees— ought to correctly put on a well-fitting masks or respirator in indoor areas of public transportation (corresponding to airplanes, trains, buses, ferries) and transportation hubs (corresponding to airports, stations, and seaports), particularly in places which can be crowded or poorly ventilated corresponding to airport jetways.
- Vacationers 2 years of age or older ought to put on well-fitting masks in indoor public locations if
- They’re in an space the place there’s a excessive stage of COVID-19
- They or somebody they dwell with has a weakened immune system or is at elevated threat for extreme illness.
- Some masks and respirators provide larger ranges of safety than others, and a few could also be tougher to tolerate or put on persistently than others. Put on essentially the most protecting masks you may, that matches nicely, and that you’ll put on persistently whereas touring.
- Chances are you’ll select to correctly put on a well-fitting masks outdoor in crowded settings and for actions with shut contact with others, notably for those who or somebody you reside with has a weakened immune system or is at elevated threat for extreme illness.
- Wash your fingers usually with cleaning soap and water or use hand sanitizer with at the least 60% alcohol.
- Observe all suggestions and necessities at your vacation spot,
- Observe suggestions for safeguarding your self and others.
Earlier than Touring to the USA
Contact Info – ALL Vacationers
All air passengers to the USA can be required to offer contact data to airways earlier than boarding flights to the USA. This strengthens a journey course of already in place to quickly determine and call folks within the U.S. who might have been uncovered to a communicable illness, corresponding to COVID-19. Entry to vacationers’ contact data will enable U.S. federal, state, and native well being departments, and businesses to share acceptable well being and public well being data vital to assist preserve the general public protected.
Testing – ALL Vacationers
Earlier than boarding a flight to the USA, think about getting examined for present an infection with a viral take a look at as near the time of departure as doable (not more than 3 days) earlier than journey.
After Arrival in the USA
You may need been uncovered to COVID-19 in your travels, whether or not you traveled by air, land, or sea. You would possibly really feel nicely and never have any signs, however you may nonetheless be contaminated and unfold the virus to others. Because of this, CDC recommends the next:
If You Are NOT As much as Date along with your COVID-19 Vaccines
- Keep house and self-quarantine for a full 5 days after journey.
- Observe further suggestions beneath for ALL vacationers.
ALL Vacationers (No matter Vaccination Standing)